How to Become a Successful Internet Marketer
Have you ever heard the idiom all roads lead to Rome? Well what that really means is that there are so many different methods that produce the same results.
The results that you’re seeking might be product sales, sign-ups, new clients, new business partners, bookings etc. When we’re discussing how to become a successful Internet marketer, the idiom all roads lead to Rome is paramount. There are a million different ways find success while marketing online, but one of the most important ways is to grow your influence.
Take a look at some of the marketers that you follow. I bet that you identify them with leadership, expertise, having strong direction and the ability to show their target market how to achieve specific results. Now you might be saying to yourself, yes they have all of these qualities but what about me?
The good news is that they didn’t start out with all of these qualities. They developed them overtime and you can do the same thing by starting to build your influence.
Use these tips to help you increase your influence and become successful at marketing your product services or business opportunity online.
Practical ways to increase influence:
1) Know yourself and be yourself.
Understand what makes you unique and embrace it. Being authentic with your communication will allow people to gravitate to you over the next marketer. You want to be somebody that other people are attracted to. Remember, everything that you do online has the ability to attract or repel people. Be sure to stay in the attraction zone by avoiding what we call “keeping it real” mentality.
Keeping it real for a lot of people often means that they’re coming off as rude or uncaring and sometimes even unethical. This is absolutely the wrong way to grow influence and attract people to you. Instead, focus on “keeping it valuable”. This does not mean you should avoid sharing the truth or alarming statistics, just present it in a way that people are more likely to accept it. when you add value to your target market in your authentic voice, style, and delivery people are going to notice.
Make sure you are constantly able to add value to your audience by doing the following:
- Taking courses
- Immerse yourself with positive and uplifting information (your target market will find this super helpful in a world filled with negative messages and news).
2) Serve others.
Great leaders are amazing at serving others and they are great followers. When you watch people who you regard as successful leaders, take notes! Use this to show you what your audience is looking for in a leader. Once you create your list of leadership traits/habits, go out there and give the same thing to the people who follow you.
There are four keys to remember when serving others:
- Make a conscious effort to put a high value on people. Without people you would have no business, so treat them like gold.
- Humility is everything. Jump at the opportunity to serve other people. Implementing this mentality will allow you to focus less on commissions or dollar signs and more on answering the questions and concerns of your target market. Decide now that you are here to help in as many ways as possible..
- Inspire other people. You can’t go wrong with this key element. Respect and trust goes way up when you can inspire others. Let them know that they can achieve something greater than where they are at this moment.
- Even if you have not achieved the results that your audience is ultimately hoping to achieve, decide to inspire anyway. Those results have no bearing on your believe that it’s possible. Check out my quick video on having an unshakable belief.
3) Lead by example.
If you want to grow your influence, then produce results and share them. Your results can be focused on subjects like commissions earned,sales, weight loss, personal development, etc. there are strategic ways to show your results even if they’re small, without being tacky or pompous.
To learn how to further grow your influence, build your brand and create sales online, join us in our upcoming FREE Personal Branding Boot Camp.
Which one of these steps will you take on and start running with starting today?If this post helped you understand how to become a successful Internet marketer, please leave us a comment below.
You can do this!
Affirmation: “I choose to ignore self-doubt and take the required actions needed to become a successful internet marketer.”