4 Ways To Keep It Festive for the 4th of July
#1 – Excercise your independence and take advantage of the time away from your day job.
Use today to get things rolling in your own business. Usually, you have to juggle the day job and the entrepreneurial endeavor, but today you don’t. Tackle some of those business activities you’ve been putting off.
Tip: Hire someone to design your social media covers or images for the next month. You can usually find a designer to start a job for as low as $5.00 using fiverr.com. If you are more of a “Do It Yourself” Kind of person, by all means – set aside time to watch a training or tutorial in order to increase your knowledge and update your skill set. Here’s a great one from Team Transformation on how to create an image online using Canva.
#2 – Can’t stand the heat today? Want to create a solo staycation? If you’re dreaming of a quiet day in the house, grant your own wish by staying in for a movie day.
There are plenty of binge-worthy shows on Netflix or Hulu right now. Here are some of our favorites:
- When They See Us (2019)In the spring of 1989, five boys of color are arrested, interrogated and coerced into confessing to a vicious attack in Central Park that they didn’t commit.
- The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind (2019) A boy in Malawi helps his village by building a wind turbine after reading about them in a library book.
- Queer Eye It’s easy for makeover shows to get mean. The powerful, well-manicured elite versus the slobbering masses makes for entertaining TV with huge transformations, but those shows lack the emotional oomph to justify their existence outside of vicarious “treat yourself”-ness. Thanks to a new Fab Five composed of Tan, Jonathan, Antoni, Karamo, and Bobby, Netflix’s Queer Eye reboot is forging a new path towards togetherness with unapologetic empathy inside its confidence-building makeovers.
- CoCo One of the sweetest films I’ve seen in years, Coco is a delight from start to finish that both parents and children will adore. The film centers around 12-year-old Miguel, who dreams of being a musician despite his family’s strict no-music-ever policy.
#3 – Get Educated!
As the nation celebrates independence, there’s no better way to exercise your freedom of speech and your right to scroll (lol)! Seriously, check out https://www.democracynow.org/ to review what’s happening in the United States and around the world as it relates to human beings and our access to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We like to nerd out on topics that matter and we encourage you to do the same.
#4 – Make something new for yourself or your family.
We love to try new recipes and get real domesticated on holidays. Watermelon daiquiris are a seasonal favorite (we’ll let you decide to spike or not to spike). Check out this Ah-Mazing daiquiri recipe. All it takes is 4 ingredients and 5 minutes! https://www.liveeatlearn.com/frozen-watermelon-daiquiri/
Whatever you decide to do, here are 2 rules:
- Be safe …. please be safe!!
- Have a great time and enjoy the moment!