The ladies of Team Transformation are obsessed with positive change – we know it can happen at any stage and any age. Believe it or not, some people are not sold on the idea that transformation is available for the taking to anyone who claims it, names it, and believes it. If you are interested in making positive shifts this week, in your business, with personal relationships or within your home, we are routing for you. Our team believes that a smile and willingness to at least fake a positive attitude until you make it is essential to success.
We encourage you to make a shift in a positive direction by first understanding 7 critical problems your negative attitude can create. Change does not happen overnight, so when you are struggling to climb that mountain of success and positivity, remind yourself that you don’t want these types of problems in your life. You don’t want to be blocked by anything at all and you certainly don’t want to become your own stumbling block.
7 Problems Your Negative Attitude Creates
- You get what you give. This is a universal rule that most of us learned in elementary school – it’s important to treat others how you want to be treated. We caution you before throwing negative energy out into the world, into your work place, or into your own spirit – you may just have to catch it in return.
- You get negative results. In 2015 who has time for anything but positive results? It’s really up to us to create that. Imagine the days you wake up to a snow or ice storm; you complain, grunt, and curse your way into the office, to school or out to the store for groceries. While you rant, imagine the beauty and blessings you fail to see. At this point, you literally placed yourself in a mindset to see nothing but negativity (your glass is half empty).
- You get less help and less cooperation. Believe it or not, people are usually happy to assist those who can “keep it cool and keep it positive.” People see you trying your best every single day, they see that you are a light and they are encouraged by your presence. When you ask for help, it’s only an admission of your humanity and folks will be there to help you.
- You get a bad reputation. People can sense, smell, and see negativity a mile away – Never forget this. You don’t want to be the person that people walk on pins and needles around. Even worse, you don’t want to be the person that everyone simply ignores because your energy is a downer.
- People trust you less. When people observe you making negative comments or looking dejected, they don’t have confidence that you will add value to their lives or their work.
- You are less productive. You are too busy complaining, pouting, and over analyzing. Your laser focus is lost.
- Your negative attitude creates arguments. When we carry negative attitudes, we often times express them out loud. Come on…how many times have you been in a serious funk and had the expert ability to mask your body language and speech? When you carry a negative attitude, you are bound to slip. Somebody will pick up on what you are feeling or worse, you will misdirect your attitude and negative feelings. Sooner than later, an argument will follow.
Of course, there are more than 7 problems that could result from a negative attitude, but 7 is plenty to recognize now. In the name of positive change, let’s encourage each other to take responsibility when experiencing one of these problems above – engage in self reflection and ask yourself, “could my attitude be causing this problem?”
Team Transformation encourages you to subscribe to our blog below. Stay connected to us, our latest classes, live sessions, and contests. Stay encouraged and introduce us to your friends. If you find any of our posts helpful, chances are high that someone else in your life could also use the help. Let’s be change agents together – remembering that transformation is possible at any stage and at any age.